[FAmSCo] Assignment of all FAmSCo tasks

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 00:39:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Larry Cafiero
<lcafiero at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> We have a saying in the US: "Many hands make a lighter load,: meaning
> the work distributed among many people makes everyone's job easier.
>
> I say this with the hope that all FAmSCo members take one, or more, of
> the assignments Pierros mentioned in the original e-mail.
>
> I'd like to respond to a couple of items below:
>

> On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 02:15 +0200, Pierros Papadeas wrote:
>>
>> == Regional meetings ==
>> Please! make sure you attend the regional meetings. Larry and I are
>> heading NA and EMEA meetings. What about LATAM and APAC?
>
> I chair the NA meeting, so I can't miss it :-) So I will attend that
> one. Most of the time I attend the APAC meeting only because it is held
> while I'm at work during a slow periodr. I can attend APAC meetings --
> and I'll probably keep doing so -- but I think it would be good if
> gbraad or kaio, who are in that region, could attend the APAC meeting as
> the FAmSCo representative.

Last time I attended APAC was 4am for me :P So it would be nice if
someone else could do that :)
Also what is the status of LATAM meeting?

>> == Membership administration ==
>> That's the FAmA trac and the tasks behind that. Anyone willing to step
>> up? I don't know if Joerg had this one because he was chair. If that
>> is the case I am more than willing to take that.
>
> If I take the mentoring below, I can help with this.
>
> (snip)

I think that those things are kinda unrelated :) But if they can be
related then we could speed some things up.
(I am just rumbling here)

>> == Mentoring ==
>> We need experienced mentors to head this one.
>
> I volunteer to do this, since I might be the most experienced mentor.
>

>> == Town hall IRC meetings ==
>> Seems like a nice task, in need for a volunteer :)
>
> This should maybe be a quarterly IRC meeting to discuss items with
> ambassadors, or maybe more frequent (every two months?). I will put this
> on the agenda for discussion.

Let's do the first one at January and see how it works out.

Thanks Larry for the follow ups :)

~π

--
Pierros Papadeas