[FAmSCo] Considering Additional Restrictions on Ambassador Membership

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Fri May 28 20:17:03 UTC 2010

Hi All:

I was asked at FADNA to bring up with FAmSCo for consideration the
thought of requiring some time in the Fedora Project or CLA+1 before
permitting people to join the Ambassadors.

You can see the initial research from a blog post on Ian Weller's blog:

http://ianweller.org/2010/05/26/fad-na-2010-can-you-see/

Again - this doesn't establish correlation (or causality) between
early application and failure, however the group at FADNA wanted me to
bring this to FAmSCo for consideration, and potentially decisions.

I personally am not ready to further raise the barrier. There is talk
that mentors feel demoralized because essentially everyone is getting
rejected that they talk to. It's also clear that we are setting the
wrong expectation or doing something else wrong when well upwards of
90% of applications never make it.

I personally think we need more information from FAS before we can
render an intelligent opinion, and I'd like to go back to Ian Weller
with some requests for information or modify his python script myself,
so what information would let you make an informed decision?

Thanks

David