[FAmSCo] Agenda for 2011-1-29 meeting

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 28 13:35:43 UTC 2011

2011/1/28 Pierros Papadeas <ppapadeas at gmail.com>:
>> You make a good point about the free/non-free issue, and perhaps there
>> should be some sort of guideline around how to represent Fedora if they are
>> involved in other communities. But again, as I said in my novel earlier, I
>> think we should respect people's choices.
> Indeed we need to respect people's choices, but we also need to
> respect the projects we are in. So the honest thing to do is to not
> have conflicts in ideals we represent.

You can only 'educate' people, but not restrict. Else we would
introduce ourselves a vender-lockin about which communities you can
participate in.

I have met this same situation as mentor; someone asked me what to do
as he was told this conflicts with Fedora's policy. This does not
exist and seems to be a misunderstanding from several ambassadors.

I do not see the issue as long as the members understand the
difference in what we represent. I wanted to write a long email as
response, but fortunately I got home late... so no energy for a
flamewar ;-).

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德