[FAmSCo] Resignation of a FAmSCo member

neville at taygon.com neville at taygon.com
Wed May 18 15:39:32 UTC 2011

> Hi Neville,
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Neville A. Cross <neville at taygon.com>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 23:36 +0800, Gerard Braad wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> Today we quickly discussed the resignation of Larry from the Fedora
>>> project.
>>>
>>>  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-05-14/fedora-meeting.2011-05-14-14.31.html
>>> To use a phrase from the quoted book: "I think... I feel good about
>>> it". It is unfortunate to see him go, but since his decision is
>>> well-thought I can only support his motivates and wish him the best
>>> with moving forward local and regional FOSS/Linux projects.
>>> However for us it means roles have to be reassigned and discussed as
>>> he was both NA representative as the budget manager. Please let's move
>>> this forward quickly to prevent an unnecessary hold-up in our budget
>>> flow.
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>> Gerard
>>
>> I think that the correct order of things will be:
>> a.- Appoint a budget wrangler
>> b.- Some one to propose remove Rahul and vote on that.
>> c.- Call on extraordinary elections for one or two seats (According to
>> point b).
>> d.- Verify by extraordinary election we got some one from NA and give
>> him NA tasks.
>> e.- Give follow up to Scott Williams as Mentor for Ambassadors.
>>
>> I was about to call for a break before burn out from FOSS activities.
>> Librebus was kind of too much for one month. I was looking forward to
>> review all activities to select just a few to keep helping. Larry
>> resingnation shaked all this, and I feel bad to go to "low power mode"
>> at this point.
>> I was suppossed to be one of the media wranglers. So if needed I can
>> take budget tasks left by Larry. I will take other stuff to "low power
>> mode"
>> --
>> Neville
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
>> Linux User # 473217
>

> Thanks for this,
>
> And I agree with your list of preference. I do believe someone to
> represent NA would be vital and I would like to hear what the other
> think of this.

I was uninformed ... so there is no need for removing Rahul. There is no
need for calling elections. All that is optional. I may suggest that we
can share the load if we have more hands.

I liked some opinions on the ambassadors mailing list from NA ambassadors,
saying that they do not feel misrepresented if there is not NA member on
FAmSCo. As pointed out, FAmSCo represent all ambassadors. I also was
trying to point out what specific task are for NA, and I found none. So it
will be nice to have some one from NA but it is not a necessity

So from my list, what we really should look to solve on Saturday meeting
are point "a" and "e". Other items are optional and not as urgent as those
two.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217