[FAmSCo] Budget information, updates.

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:43:44 UTC 2012

Hi Robyn,

thanks a lot for all your work cleaning up the mess and doing the
transition to OSAS. Really appreciated, however there is one thing that
makes me sad:

Am Dienstag, den 24.07.2012, 10:09 -0400 schrieb Robyn Bergeron:

> For FY12, which ended in February: We spent, as shown on the wiki,
> ~$138k for the year, well below the estimated budget of $185k.
>
> [...]
>
> Because we did not spend the entire budget for
> last year, this year's budget was smaller than last year's budget.

FAmSCo had to dramatically cut costs in Q4 of FY12 because we were told
we were more or less out of money. We postponed whatever was possible
and only spent money on sending people to events or reimbursing them,
but all swag production had come to a stop. Here in EMEA we are out of
swag except stickers and cheatcubes ad people beg for shirts and stuff.

There is no use complaining but I think we need to get back to the old
budget and old level of swag production ASAP. Of course this requires
strict accounting, we can only spend the money that we have.

What else is needed to get back to the old budget? Will we need to spend
all money and have the budget increase over time (years!) or is there a
quicker way to restore the previous state?

Kind regards,
Christoph