[FAmSCo] FUDCon APAC 2016: FAmSCo Discussion Thread

Amit Shah amit.shah at redhat.com
Tue Dec 22 04:19:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

On (Wed) 16 Dec 2015 [12:11:41], Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
> FAmSCos,
>
> It came up during the council meeting this week that there have been
> some issues around choosing a venue for FUDCon APAC 2016. Here is a
> link to the council ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/49
>
> The FAMSCo list feels like the natural place to engage with the FUDCon
> APAC organizers, and bring the community up to speed on any
> questions/comments/issues around choosing a venue. As is mentioned in
> the ticket, time is of the essence, and I want to help move this
> conversation forward as best I can.
>
> I've cc'd the stakeholders from the council ticket directly, in case
> they are not subscribed to the FAMSCo list.
>
> Please bear with me, as I am not entirely up to speed on the details
> of the conversation up to the point, or issues with the bid. Any
> supporting links or conversations that would help shed light on the
> conversation are most welcome.
>
> I want to help get to the bottom of these issues, and quickly, and
> make sure that our APAC community members get the best Fedora Premier
> event we can muster :)

Not sure if the conversation continued on the famsco list (the
archives for Dec are empty), and if my input was required.  I haven't
seen any replies, and since I was one of the people on the ticket,
I'll just state my position here.

At the outset, let me say that I don't have a problem with hosting the
FUDCon in Cambodia.

My only problem is the "Friends" foundation isn't strong, especially
with the personal jibes at each meeting some have to face (btw this is
only from Gnokii, the Cambodians are fine).  A few of us have told him
several times to stop, but that hasn't had an effect on him.  This has
spilled into our apac ambassadors meetings as well, and that isn't
something I want to deal with Saturday mornings.  So I'm just going to
wish the team a good FUDCon, and leave it at that.

Thanks,

		Amit