How to upgrade F11 to kde 4.3.0 in update-testing ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Aug 11 14:30:24 UTC 2009

Fabio Canepa wrote:
> Hi,
> I've update my F11 to kde 4.3.0 using the following command:
>
> sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-testing groupupdate 'KDE (K Desktop Environment)'
>
> but I'm not sure this is correct way because I've some trouble trying
> to test the updates for bug 516386

Fwiw, here's what I posted to the bug,

The short version of the answer is:  You're pretty much expected to use
all of updates-testing for the full QA/testing experience, see also:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Updates_Testing

In the past, we've occassionally copied all pertinent stuff from
updates-testing into kde-redhat's kde-testing repo(s) for targetting
testing, and we may end up doing that here, but it hasn't happened yet.

-- Rex