When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Aug 13 00:00:45 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I was looking through planet.fedoraproject.org, and came across this mockup:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/woot/spins-directory.6.png
>
> And I am reminded once again that we are not a "Fedora Desktop" spin
> but a KDE Spin. And that Fedora has no Gnome spin.
>
> I find the continued use of this terminology to be increasing unfair,
> for lack of a more appropriate term.

Join the club, apparently we're the only ones that feel that way.  Feel
free to take it to a wider list, maybe we can raise awareness, start a
grass-roots campaign or something.

I'm out of ideas how better to install common sense here.  But please,
be respectful and constructive.  Fedora is a troll-free zone, mind you. :)

-- Rex