KMail - thread/unthread

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 16 15:39:28 UTC 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009 15:58:42 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 16 August 2009 15:40:31 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Last month I asked this question on the kde-pim user list, and
> > > got no reply:
> > >
> > > I normally read mail threaded, but sometimes when searching among
> > > older mails
> > > I like to unthread a folder, then search, for instance, on
> > > Sender.  With the new aggregation settings there doesn't seem to
> > > be any way to temporarily override them - or am I missing
> > > something?
> > >
> > > Is there really no quick way to do this now?
> >
> > Well, it doesn't really answer your question, but I set KMail to
> > unthreaded, but read all the high-volume mailing lists (and even
> > medium-volume ones like this one) through Gmane with KNode, which I
> > set to threaded. That works pretty well for me.
>
> Hmm - so this is a regression with no work-around.  Sad.

Not sure if I am missing something here, but do not the Aggregation mode
options do the trick? Icons at the top right next to the search bar, 4th
Icon.
I have just temporarily un-threaded a mail list no problem here, and of
course you can have it set independently for any folder and saved.

Colin
--
Fedora (F11 Leonidas)
Registered Linux user number #342953