Desktop themes problem?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:49:52 UTC 2009

Before I file a bz, can someone experiment a bit for me, and see whether they
see the same problem?

While testing for a bug report I installed a few extra themes, and all seemed
well.  However, slim-glow would not display (I don't have desktop effects
enabled, as this laptop has unacceptably slow screen repaints with them).  I
uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  It didn't show up on the available themes
list.  I installed a couple more, and they don't show up either.

The core themes are, as I understand it, oxygen, air, slim-glow, heron and
elegance, so choose one that you are least worried about to experiment on :-)
in case you can't get it back.

It looks as though slim-glow is in some way broken.  Worse than that, it looks
as though uninstalling one of the core desktop themes actually breaks the
theme install dialogue.

One further point, I found that I could change the desktop theme about 3
times, after which it would not change without logging out and back in.