Ctrl+Shift+Arrows

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 25 21:25:53 UTC 2009

Tomas Straupis wrote:
>   Chrm. I think I've just found the cause (but not the solution): if I
> set Ctrl+Shift to be keyboard layout switcher - Ctrl+Shift+Arrows stop
> working as intended. If I change this shortcut to Alt+Shift -
> Ctrl+Sh+Arr works OK. So apparently my question should change to "can
> I have layout switcher as Ctrl+Sh and still have Ctrl+Sh+Arr working?)

Have you tried pressing the modifiers in the other order (i.e.
Shift+Ctrl+Arrows)? That can make a difference. (For example, if you have
Compose on Shift+AltGr (some layouts default to it, there's an xkb flag for
the others), you can still reach the shifted AltGr keys by pressing
AltGr+Shift in that order.)

        Kevin Kofler