Leonidas splash screen on dual-head looks bad

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:19:56 UTC 2009

I suppose I should bugzilla this, but I just wanted to check if this
was just me ... when I boot my computer in dual-screen mode and start
KDE, the Leonidas splash screen comes up in the following
configuration:
- Monitor 1 (internal laptop display): background image only, in the
(smaller) size of my external display
- Monitor 2 (external): a distorted version of the background, plus
the Fedora word and "ribbon", both with pure black background (so they
look like cut-outs on the screen)

I think this has got worse with KDE 4.3 -- before, I had the same
background-image issues, but at least the Fedora and ribbon were on
the internal screen too. Does anyone else run KDE in this
configuration and do they see this too?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.