Strigi problems (dolphin info panel)

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Aug 31 19:22:04 UTC 2009

Hallo

after the upgade of my F11 to kde 4.3 my dolphin info panel lost most
of the infos it showed in kde 4.2. After some mails on the kde list
and searches in the net (and not being able to get strigi running) I
decided to install soprano sesame backend which is not available from
fedora (In a fedora bugreport i read something about binary only part
or similar - is it solved?). I downloaded the src rpm from rex'
fedorapeople site, compiled and installed it and after a relogin
strigi started to run.

Now I can see additional infos in the info sidebar of dolphin. The
question is: Is sesame needed to get strigi running? I heard it is
much faster than redland tools, are there any chances to get the
sesame package available from fedora repo?

Martin