Desktop Themes

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:06:40 UTC 2009

On 03/02/09 09:13, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 13:27:15 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> On 03/02/09 03:23, Anne Wilson wrote:
>>> It's the English users part of gmail - there
>>> is/was some legal wrangle that stopped them giving out gmail addresses
>>> too English users.
>>>
>> :g/English/s//British/g
>>
> :-)  Probably so, but I don't claim to speak for Scots, Welsh and Gaelic-
> speakers :-)

Nice try Anne, but no cigar. "English" in this context clearly refers to
the country, not the language. And of course the putative legal hiccup
with the Gmail name is extensive to all of the UK.

Don't sweat it. I constantly nag my English friends when they do this
(which they do all the time), just to see them look apologetic :-)

poc