When will KDE4.2 hit the F10 Stable repo... (nice work, btw...)

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:41:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 20:59 -0500, RDB wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 20:05:13 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 17:09 -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > > So if I want to try KDE 4.2 on F10 how should I do it ? Which repository
> > > should I use ? Is the info in KDE-Redhat page still correct, or will this
> > > in some Fedora testing repository ?
> >
> > If you just want to test it or play around a bit, I would download the
> > latest informal "Rex" release and make it bootable on a USB mass storage
> > device.  If it isn't released as stable, I wouldn't enable a testing
> > repository on a production computer.
>
> Thanks, but that's not what I meant. I want to install it to my home machine,
> and willing to use beta software to help testing it out. So is it on Fedora
> testing repository ? How do install just KDE from the testing ?

I believe that if you enable the F10 testing repository and then do a
yum update, everything will install automagically.   The new packages
will have higher version numbers and later dates and yum will install
them on your machine.

If you get lucky, when its fully released, you can remove the testing
repository and over time the stable packages will take over and you
might have a totally stable machine.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.