KDE 4.2 Screen saver issue

Kyle Pablo kylepablo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:34:58 UTC 2009

Hello,

    I recently upgraded to 4.2 and really like it.  I am having an issue
with the screen saver.  I set it to go on after 5 minutes into slide
show mode.  I have it pointing to a folder full of pictures.  After a
while when I come back and I try to wake up the computer from screen
saver mode only, the computer is non-responsive.  I can move my cursor
but the keyboard is locked.  I cannot do crl+alt+f1.  None of the keys
worked.  So I do a hard power kill. I looked in /var/log/messages for
any kerneloops and didn't see any. I have had this problem with the 4.x
releases of KDE.
    I am on a laptop, a Lenovo T400. Fedora 10, KDE 4.2. Any help would
be appreciated.

Kyle