File a bug against what?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 20 12:37:38 UTC 2009

Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> Yes. Only KDE3 applications crash on exit. Many of them crash.
> Exceptions that I found are kile, konversation.

What I meant was: are there other KDE 3 apps (than K3b and Kaffeine)
crashing? If so, which ones?

> If its upstream doesn't care about the version X anymore, it is my
> responsibility (as a power user and a packager) to tell them that they
> are doing wrong. I do think that reverting F-11 to KDE3 would be a
> striking lesson to upstream.

I think it would be stupid, KDE 4 is now getting all the new features, it
already has cool features KDE 3 doesn't have (Marble is great, for
example).

> I really have no other choice right now. I do not think the supported
> hardware vendors will donate me a 200$ graphics card.

You can buy a Radeon which works with the Free radeon driver for less than
40 USD. I see a PCI-Express Radeon X1550 (r5xx series, should be supported
by the Free 3D drivers since Fedora 9 updates) selling for 15 EUR
(including taxes) in Austria, that's below 20 USD.

        Kevin Kofler