Akonadi backwards compatibility

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Feb 24 19:31:38 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Clive Messer wrote:
>> On Sunday 22 Feb 2009 18:09:31 Clive Messer wrote:
>>> On Sunday 22 Feb 2009 17:16:57 Rex Dieter wrote:
>>> I wish I had made notes but I didn't. I think the problem - akonadi's mysql
>>> instance refusing to start, was because of the discrepancy between the
>>> logfile size, set to 8M in '~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf' after the
>>> upgrade, and the actual existing files on disk being larger. But take that
>>> with a pinch of salt - I was half awake at the time.
>> Rex,
>>
>> It does affect existing setups.
>>
>> The next time akonadi is re-started after the upgrade,
>> '~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf' is modified....
>
> eww, that's lame.  I'll reask upstream about that undesirable behavior.

okie dokie,
akonadi-1.1.1-5 pushed to kde-redhat/testing includes a (now upstreamed)
patch that should help address these issues.

users' mysql.conf is updated only of /etc/akonadi/mysql-global.conf (or
mysql-local.conf) is newer, and on update, will automatically remove any
pre-existing ib_logfile's.

-- Rex