Feature Freeze next week

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 08:17:43 UTC 2009

Hi,
Feature Freeze is next week so we have to make final decision what to ship in
F11 to complete feature.

The most important part of feature is KDE 4.2 - I think, we can mark it as
100% done even there are still a few open issues.

So lets look at KOffice 2, PolicyKit-kde and nm-plasmoid.

KOffice 2
The question is to ship or not to ship - quite obvious :-) Without 100%
support from upstream even they say it's going to be ready in the end of year?

PolicyKit-kde
We can ship it on live CD but there are still many deps on Gnome one. But we
can deal with it. More problematic is after installation - how to select
PolicyKit agent - solution should be PolicyKit 1 (but it missed F11). So I
think we can state that's only aimed for live CD (or clean KDE installation).

nm-plasmoid
Is still under review - we need it ASAP to test it.

User guide
We need basic topics - display manager, plasma desktop and working with media.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE/Docs/DesktopUserGuide
Help appreciated :)

Deadline is 2009-04-14 (Final Feature Freeze) so we have two weeks to finish
all the work.

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>