Kopete doesn't work with Bonjour

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 09:49:20 UTC 2009

I'm not usually one to complain, but 100% reproducible crashes with
(as of yet) no useful KCrashes is kind of bad.

I wanted to play around with Bonjour. I added an account in Kopete, no
problem. I remoted to another machine and installed and setup Pidgin
for the same purpose. As soon as Pidgin comes online, Kopete crashes.
I reload Kopete, and try to bring the bonjor account online. Kopete
crashes immediately again. This suggests to me that Bonjor simply
wasn't tested on at least this version of Kopete,
kdepim-4.2.4-1.fc10.i386

BTW, is there a way to keep the debuginfo files up to date with yum? I
always seem to have to do a debuginfo-install

Also, are KCrash reports ever useful without the debug packages installed?

I eventually install Pidgin to continue my experiment.

--
Fedora 10
(www.pembo13.com)