Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jun 23 12:12:31 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 14:49:01 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009 10:02:05 Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> > > After I close the box previously reported I see lines that include
> > >
> > > Is GTK+ supported: no
> > > Is Qt supported: no  #which probably explains something :-)
> > > kstartupconfig4: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.7:
> > > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> > > FreeType: couldn't open face /usr/share/fonts/cjkuni/ukai.ttc: 1
> > > Warning Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
> > > Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
> > >
> > > Waiting for X server to shut down Dropping master
> > >
> > > So I guess this explains what's happening.  Now I presume I have to
> > > install additional packages to correct these.  Can you tell me which
> > > packages?  Thanks
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > How did you upgrade you're system? If you used yum, then what happens when
> > you run yum-complete-transaction?
> >
> > Eli
>
> Updating the metadata was one display that seemed to go on a long time.  I now
> find that it is still trying to update from the F10 repos.  How/where can I
> get the release packages to change this?
>
> Anne

Depending on your installation

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/x86_64/os/Packages/fedora-release-11-1.noarch.rpm

or

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-11-1.noarch.rpm

One other thing.. You should make sure that you're *.rep files under /etc/yum.repos.d have not been configured so that they are only able to get things from the Fedora 10 repos that is

where on the line baseurl and / or mirrorlist where it should read "$releasever" it says "10"

Eli

believed to be clean.