Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jun 23 12:16:15 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 12:47:34 Bent Terp wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>wrote:
>
> > A reboot brought the same display.  I was able to get a level3 login, both
> > as
> > user and root.  Can someone advise me where to look now?  Thanks
>

> Following PreUpgrade I had to do the usual yum clean all ; yum update ;
> reboot
>
> There was some errormsg about kdm exiting  with error status 2.
>
> Lesson learned: never rely on wireless when upgrading to new fedora releases
> ;-)
>
> BR Bent

Please tell me that no X Windows sesssion was running and that you were in runlevel 3 while upgrading.

It shouldn't make one bit of difference. If a file schedualed to download does get to your computer then the transactions will not commence because of packages not being downloaded.

Eli

believed to be clean.