Amarok update path on kde-redhat

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Wed May 13 09:50:48 UTC 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009 10:32:06 +0100, Mary Ellen Foster <mef at inf.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:
> I'm running Fedora 11 (preview/rawhide/whatever) on x86_64, with all
> kde-redhat repositories enabled -- including the i386 ones because of
> multilib issues. I've done all of the other (non-amarok) updates
> today, and amarok is still being annoying ...
>
> Right now, I get the following if I attempt to "yum update" (edited to
> show the relevant bits):

>  Package              Arch     Version              Repository

>  Size

> Installing:
>  amarok-utils         i586     2.0.96-1.fc11        kde-i386-unstable
>  148 k
>      replacing  amarok-utilities.x86_64 2.0.90-2.fc11
>
> Installing for dependencies:
>  [ ... ]
>  amarok-utilities     i586     2.0.90-2.fc11        kde-i386-unstable
>  142 k
>  [ ... ]
>
> If I disable the i386 repositories, I don't see any proposed updates,
> even after a "yum clean all".
>
> Is this a mirror issue? A multilib issue? What's the deal with
> amarok-util[itie]s?

amarok-utl[itie]s hold the collection scanner since it got separated in
Amarok 2.1. Furthermore I don't know what kind of strangeness is going on
for you and why an older version of utils is being pulled in for
dependencies.

I can only say that amarok-2.0.90 is Amarok 2.1 beta 1 and amarok-2.0.96 is
Amarok 2.1 beta 2 but you probably figured that out already. :)

> Thanks for any help,
>
> MEF
>
> --
> Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
> ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Eelko Berkenpies