Panel widgets "stop"

Emmett Culley emmett at webengineer.com
Thu May 21 15:09:21 UTC 2009

After that last three or four updates to KDE on Fedora 10, including the very latest, the Application Launcher would suddenly stop working.  That is, it would no longer pop up when I clicked on the panel icon.

At first it seemed to be a random thing and I could always get it to work by deleting it from the panel and re-adding the widget.  Then I noticed that this would happen to other panel widgets, including the calendar pop up and the Device launcher.

Today I saw the pattern.  If I click on the any of the panel widgets that pop up when clicked, then click on a different desktop in the pager, the pop up disappears never to show up again until deleted from the panel and re-added.

Anybody else seeing this?

Emmett