kde-sig voice conference call for tomorrow's sig meeting

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Nov 3 08:35:59 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 02:28:17 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > As an experiment, thought it would an interesting experiment to take
> > advantage of fedora talk,
> > http://talk.fedoraproject.org/
> > as part of our kde sig meeting tomorrow,
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2009-11-03
>
> I think that's just useless. IRC is working just fine, it allows
> participating from everywhere (whereas voice requires a room which is both
> quiet enough to talk undisturbed and noise-tolerant enough to allow
>  talking, such rooms are hard to come by in office environments like my
>  university),

Same problem here, we have open office and every speaker disturbs other people
in the office :( But we have meeting rooms, I can try to reserve one as I don't
think it's completely bad idea. But to be in chair of "voice meeting" is much
more complicated/difficult than IRC meeting. On the other hand - it can help a
lot understanding some issues. And for us - non English native it's much more
harder to understand - but again - it's great way how to enhance your language
skills. Usually all meetings in Red Hat are through voice conference system
(it cost too much and quality is toooooooo low :( ).