Update on the build-Sesame-from-source progress

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:40:15 UTC 2009

Hello! I've continued working on the process of getting Sesame to
build from source (http://www.openrdf.org/). After a bit of a false
step, it turns out that the one monster horrible package that pulled
in most of the dependencies is only used in one subpackage, which -- I
hope! -- isn't needed for the Sesame backend of Soprano that was the
motivation for this whole undertaking. I *WILL* follow through on the
review requests I put up as part of that initial effort, though --
don't worry, Java people! :)

So anyway, I now have a SRPM of Sesame that builds locally on my
computer after building and installing all of the dependencies. There
are still a fair number of dependencies to get in, but the individual
packages are mostly pretty straightforward. There are also a few
packages already in Fedora which need a minor update so that Sesame
can build against them. I've summarised my progress here:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaryEllenFoster/SopranoSesame#The_new_stuff

At this point, I really need to give the review requests that I filed
earlier a bit of love before spamming the review queue again (there
are 16 packages that need to be reviewed before Sesame can be built).
I'd like to review any Java-based packages that are out there in
return -- is there any way to find such packages short of searching
for "java" in the review requests?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278