Update concern

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 2 08:36:54 UTC 2009

On 10/02/2009 05:05 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> This morning I set my netbook to update, then walked away, leaving it working.
> When I came back I found that it was complete, but then:
>
> kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/lib/libkdeinit4_kbuildsycoca4.so
> <unknown program name>(29971)/ KStartupInfo::createNewStartupId:
> creating:  "AA1;1254466478;647275;29971_TIME0" : "unnamed app"
> kbuildsycoca4 running...
Is that during a boot or trying to start a specific app ?

I notice that each firefox update leaves an already running firefox in
an almost working state, but generally where new windows are drawn as
tin 20x5 pixel boxes. It then hits me that I have to restart firefox.

Maybe the same thing needs to be done on your machine, although if a
central library of kde was updated, maybe you need log out/in ?

If that doesn't help, less/tail /var/log/yum.log to give us an idea of
what changed, and whether you restarted ?

DaveT.