Customizable Weather Plasmoid (CWP) 0.9.15

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 7 09:29:59 UTC 2009

2009/10/7 Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>:
> On Tuesday 06 October 2009 20:13:13 Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

>> > Sorry, Thomas... "you" = Ariel for that comment.
>>
>> you should thank the developer Georg Hennig
>> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=98925
>>
>> @Gilboa Davara
>>
>> no, I didn't create a Package Review Request (I'm sure packages are fine, I
>>  run rpmlint and tested them on i586 and x86_64; problem is I'm not sure I
>>  will have time to do all the other steps required by Fedora packaging
>>  guidelines)
>
> Hi,
> I'm not fan of weather applets but I should as my windows are planked whole
> days and then I don't know what to wear when going to the office :D So looks
> like this plasmoid is really popular so I can take care of importing it to
> Fedora. I can help you with review and all the processes or I can do it
> myself. It's much more work to maintain it out of repository.

Hmm, well, as i said it's nice i gave it a try. But it has some
serious problems IMO. It's nice on the Desktop, but if you put it in
the panel, you need a magnifier to be able to read the Weather details
or the forecast for the next days. It's *very* small. And i had a
plasma carsh short after i added it. But i'm not 100% sure if it's
really related to it. Normally i dont have plasma crashes here.
But maybe i'm doing something wrong.

I prefer yaWP over it.

--
LG Thomas