Second qt 4.6 update

Christoph Kaulich kaulich at gns-mbh.com
Wed Oct 21 08:48:27 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 21 Oktober 2009 10:39:04 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Wednesday 21 October 2009 08:14:00 Christoph Kaulich wrote:
> > Am Dienstag 20 Oktober 2009 20:51:35 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> > > I've just installed qt-4.6.0-0.2.beta1.fc11 on my main laptop - I've
> > > been putting it off.  Kontact will not start at all. I tried renaming
> > > the kontactrc, but it made no difference.  KMail, KAddressbook,
> > > KOrganizer and Akregator all work as stand-alone.  Any ideas?
> >
> > I have a similiar problem here, i t is korganizerrc to rename, then
> > kontact ist starting again.
>
> Hi, Christoph
>
> You are right - it's a different manifestation of the same problem on the
> netbook.  There kontact would open, but crashed if I tried to open the
> calendar.  Here kontact wouldn't open at all.  In both cases renaming
> korganizerrc cured it.
>
> I've kompared korganizerrc and korganizerrc.old - the first is 14 lines
>  long, and the old one is 140 lines long, so the new one is definitely
>  minimalist. However, I don't know enough to recognise what part of the old
>  one is causing the problem.
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, once again ;-)
>
> Anne

Hi Anne,

it's hard to say what is causing the break. I removed my korganizerrc this
morning cause ontact wasn't starting.
Then I made all the swtiches I did yesterday, to get the corrupted one back
again, I restarted kontact and is was working.
I will keep trying to find the corrupted line, but this may take some time.

Christoph