KDE 4.3 X and plasma-desktop CUP usage

Emmett Culley emmett at webengineer.com
Tue Sep 1 17:24:55 UTC 2009

Since upgrading to KDE 4.3 on Fedora 11 I have noticed that  X CPU usage
gets up to 99% of CPU usage and plasma-desktop stays around 20% CUP
usage.  If I shut everything down on the desktop the usage for both
remains at 80 - 99% and 15- 20%.  If I end the session (ctl-alt
backspace) both X and plasma-desktop drop off to nil CPU usage.

Upon restart of KDE CPU usage for X and plasma-desktop is sometimes
normal (low) after the system settles, and some times not.  But in all
cases, after some time the CPU usage for X and plasma-desktop climb back
up to 80 to 90% for X and 15 to 25% for plasma-desktop.

Anybody else seeing this?

Emmett