Wireless Network knetworkmanager

Torstein Adolf Winterseth torswin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 20:57:10 UTC 2009

I hope you are planning to change the wireless encryption algorithm to
WPA2 in the foreseeable future. WEP is totally and fully broken. WPA
(TKIP) is beginning to show some weaknesses, so WPA2 is what I would
recommend you to change it to.

I know you didn't ask about my opinion about your wireless network
encryption but WEP is such a bad choice.

2009/9/17 Christoph Kaulich <kaulich at gns-mbh.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to connect my Fedora 11 laptop with kd 4.3.1 updated today with
> my WEP secured wireless network at home, but it wasn' working,
> As I remember the logs, I had to boot to windows t write this mail, there
> were problems with the dhclient, getting a IP adress.
> It was working some days ago, using an somehow older looking
> knetworkmanager.
>
> Are there any known problems?
>
> Christoph

Med venleg helsing / Kind regards