man directory change (and other macro rewrites)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 10:42:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:42:22AM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:35:07AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 09:54:04PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > > there is a mingw32-configure.sh and also there is a %_mingw32_configure
> > > macro in /etc/rpm/macros.mingw32. why these two different place, it's
> > > redundant. does it really needed?
> >
> > Both files need to be changed.
>
> Why ?  The separate mingw-configure shell  script isn't used for the
> RPM build packaging, and as such shouldn't be applying RPM filesystem
> layout policy, just the minimal flags to cross-compile suitably. In
> same way as native %configure overrides everything to apply RPM policy,
> but plain 'configure' uses the apps default policy.

Well ... I was hoping to keep them roughly in synch, since I use the
mingw32-configure script when initially building/testing, before
packaging (ie. before using %{_mingw32_configure}).

I can't see the harm in keeping them (mostly) in synch ...

Having said that, the most important thing is that Levente posts a
proposed patch here for review, then we get it agreed on and ACKed,
then it can be committed to Fedora.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v