Statement of Support (and some child-like giddiness)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 16:11:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 05:56:49PM +0200, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> I just happened to stumble across this while wondering when Fedora 11
> might be out, and let me say you have set my poor heart a-flutter!
>
> Extremely timely for me, as I am trying to build Telepathy framework
> for windows. Its all portable C, but woven hard into autotools and
> other assumptions, its a bit tedious to have to boot into windows then
> massage it into Cmake. This would literally be a massive time saver.
> You have my support and love.
>
> What can I do to help out?

I had a brief look -- Telepathy framework looks big and complicated.

The fact it uses autoconf is good from a cross-compiling point of
view.  In many cases you should be able to do:

  # yum install mingw32-{any libraries required}
  $ mingw32-configure
  $ make

The big question is what libraries / dependencies it has, especially
any dependencies which are not currently in the Fedora MinGW project.

If you get any build problems, post them here and we can take a look.
We also have an IRC channel - #fedora-mingw on FreeNode.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v