Statement of Support (and some child-like giddiness)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 16:49:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 06:34:07PM +0200, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> expat,
in Mercurial

> gettext,
in Mercurial, just approved for Fedora

> dbus,
problematic -- see below

> glib,
I'm assuming you mean glib2?  In Mercurial ..

> dbus-glib,
..

> telepathy-glib,
Presumably you build this yourself?

> loudmouth,
No idea?

> telepathy-gabble
As above.

Where "Mercurial" == our temporary repository:

  http://www.annexia.org/tmp/mingw/fedora-10/
  http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/

DBus is a real delight to package.  There's a fork of the base dbus
package for Windows, called windbus, which I made a rather speculative
package from.  It compiles but I'm not sure to what extent is works
(also I notice that telepathy needs a more recent dbus):

  http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip/dbus

However this really needs someone to take it in hand and sort it out.
The situation is mostly summarised here:

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2008-November/010586.html

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v