openssl problems

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 16:53:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 05:09:08PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> while i try to megre the new openssl i found that even the current
> mingw32-openssl packages generate a lot's of such warning during
> make depend

Generally a dependency warning wouldn't be a problem unless it
actually stops the package from building.  The reason is that such
dependencies are only useful when re-running 'make', and RPM doesn't
rerun make.

> makedepend: warning:  cryptlib.c (reading /usr/include/stdlib.h, line
> 33): cannot find include file "stddef.h"
>         not in ./stddef.h
>         not in ../stddef.h
>         not in ../include/stddef.h
>         not in /usr/include/stddef.h

In this case stddef.h is a header added by the particular instance of
GCC being used.  I've no idea why it cannot find it, although the
correct one for cross-compilation would be this one, I think:

/usr/lib64/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/4.3.2/include/stddef.h

Anyhow, I'm pretty certain you can ignore this error.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/