[Fedora-spins] Withdrawing the Sugar Spin

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Feb 14 10:30:15 UTC 2009

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'd like to announce the retraction of the Sugar Spin [1] for F11 (and
> other releases). It's development won't be ceased, but merged into
> SugarLabs 'Sugar on a Stick' project [2], since we don't want to confuse
> our users with having various, almost identical version around.
>
> Because of that, the fedora-livecd-sugar.ks, as well as the images being
> hosted right now, can and will be removed soonish.
>
> If you've any questions, please feel free to direct them to me or the
> Sugar Development mailing list.

Hey Sebastian,

That's a pity. Having talked to some of the OLPC developers myself
during FOSDEM, I'm sure the Sugar on a Stick will be a great success,
but not everything had been worked out yet (r/w, overlay, updating the
stick or the software on the stick).

Can't this just go side-by-side for now? The extra attention that comes
with having a Fedora spin might help Sugar labs, and it can't hurt, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip