[Fedora-spins] Geo Spin patch to spins-kickstart

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 17:24:40 UTC 2009

2009/1/22 Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com>:
> Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
>> Hey All
>>
>> Attached is a kickstart to do the Geo Spin.  In short, it just picks
>> the packages that are good for doing Geo Stuff. In long, it doesn't
>> actually work that well yet. One of the more important tools, JOSM is
>> only available in the Open Suse Build service, and has dependencies
>> that are not in fedora. In order to make this work, you'll have to
>> comment out josm and garmintools for now.
>>

> If you would list the dependency chain of josm in the dependency list of
> the Spins Page, you could help people interested in this spin focus on
> packaging and review requests, while also measuring progress.

I was planning on getting to that eventually, i wanted to submit this
patch as a placeholder for the time being, as this is what's pretty
much being put on the wiki as well. In any case, since it doesn't
work, there's less worry there.

> All these dependencies should be in Fedora before this spin goes through
> the wrangler and review stages, or we are unable to see the benefit for
> Fedora which down the line is going to get you trademark approval.

I was going to have a stab at packaging it soon enough. The
depedencies will eventually all be there.

-Yaakov