[Fedora-spins] Spins SIG meeting summary 2009-07-06

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jul 6 18:23:57 UTC 2009

Summary

    * Present
          o nirik
          o Bruno
    * We need new meeting time that kanarip can usually make.
          o Bruno will send a message to the spins list to ask kanarip to pick a new time.
    * LZMA status update
          o The LZMA update to squashfs did not make the 2.6.31 merge window.
          o Bruno will watch for a patch getting posted somewhere else (linux-next?) and ask our people to backport it. Otherwise it won't be in F12 as the 2.6.32 kernel is unlikely to be ready in time.
    * Renaming the inclomplete spin category.
          o We didn't have any objections to this, but didn't want to implement a change without karanip present. But if he picks a new name we can do this without waiting for another meeting.
    * Link style of member list on the wiki
          o Bruno will change this from FirstLast to User:user when convenient.
    * Discontinued spin process
          o Bruno will eventually write a draft for when and how to adjust the wiki pages and the spin-kickstarts package
    * Recurring spin process
          o Bruno will eventually try to pull together some existing information and write a draft that can replace the empty page that is pointed to now.
    * Talked about dual arch
          o This is not something that would be generally used for all spins. So unless a particular spin owner wants to try this, probably nothing will happen.
    * Fedbot
          o We tried out fedbot but didn't use all of its features. We will try to continue using it for meetings. Eventually it will put logs on Fedora infrastructure and we could just link to the logs.
    * Reporting
          o Bruno will email a summary to the spins mailing list.