[Fedora-spins] Security Spin Technical Review Request

Adam Miller maxamillion at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:24:03 UTC 2009

I'd like to submit the Unofficial Security Spin concept on behalf of
both Luke Macken and myself. It was Luke's original idea and a large
amount of the work is to be attributed to him, I came into the project
late in the game and did some cleanup work to bring the kickstart up
to date to compose against current repositories as well as package and
add a couple of packages. As Luke is quite busy with many other
aspects of the Fedora Project I am the one submitting the work for
review.

forensics crowd with the goal of providing a fully functional livecd
based on Fedora for use in security auditing, forensics, and
penetration testing.

The Spin features a custom Openbox menu in order to group together
different tools for use by the end user based on category, which can
be seen from the screenshot on the page listed on the wiki page
(listed below).

SecuritySpin Wiki page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SecuritySpin
Kickstart: http://maxamillion.fedorapeople.org/fedora-livecd-security.ks

-Adam