[Fedora-spins] Xfce Spin changes

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 27 00:57:53 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I committed a couple of changes [1] to the Xfce Spin:

     1. Removed cups-pdf because the gnome print dialog already offers
        pdf printing.
     2. Removed some system-config-* tools to sync with the desktop
        spin:
              * system-config-boot
              * system-config-language (language can be changed in gdm)
              * system-config-lvm
              * system-config-network (we already have NetworkManager)
              * system-config-rootpassword
              * system-config-services
              * policycoreutils-gui
        Any of these that should stay in the Spin?

What about midori? Do we really want two browsers? We already have
Firefox.

And what about parole? It's really cool, but I don't think it is ready
to be the default media player until it has a gecko plugin. Nevertheless
it would be nice to have it on the Live-CD.

We should have some more free space, anything you would like to add? How
about vinagre or another VNC viewer?

Opinions, comments, rants?

Christoph

[1]