[Fedora-spins] A Fedora spin which fit for systems with 128MB RAM

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Feb 27 19:40:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:41:06 +0530
Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I can find loadds of systems with 128MB RAM in my region.
>
> Unfortunately neither F13 nor F14 fit for those systems.
>
> And older versions are EOL.
>
> Can't we make a spin for systems with low resources?

well, given that anaconda currently requires more than 768MB, a spin
isn't going to help. ;(

I'd suggest working with kernel and anaconda folks to try and get
memory usage down.

Also, note that Fedora now builds for i686, so if the machines predate
that, your only choice is trying to start a "i486/i586" secondary arch
effort.

kevin