[Fedora-spins] IMPORTANT: currently failing nightly spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Nov 4 15:11:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 10:49:50 -0400,
  Rich Mattes <richmattes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>

> > I checked the ticket and the request was turned down.
> >
> > So I went and built a version of spin-kickstarts using the Gold ks files.
> > I then cherry picked you commit to the master branch for F-16.
> > Once the Gold spin-kickstarts gets into updates proper, I'll make another
> > update with any changes to the F-16 branch so the Gold images were built.
> >

> Yeah, I pinged the rel-eng guys on IRC last night about it, we
> unfortunately didn't catch it in time.  I still want to find a way to get a
> fixed image out in the wild after the dust settles, is fedoraunity the only
> avenue for this?

People can build their own images with updated packages whenever they want.
In a few months that's probably going to be better than grabbing the
release version anyway. The ks update will be in F16 by then, so they won't
have to modify the ks file unless they want to for some other reason.

If you want to host your own iso images that include updated packages and/or
ks used to generate the iso, that will probably work for helping people
that don't want to run livecd-creator. (Though you need to be careful about
GPL compliance.)

Given how easy running livecd-creator is, I'd suggest just prominently
documenting that at a level appropriate for your audiance.