[Fedora-spins] Decision regarding Fedora Scientific

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 8 08:48:15 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 05.10.2011, 23:22 +1100 schrieb Amit Saha:
> Hello all:
>
> F16 beta is out. I was wondering if there will be any 'decision' taken
> on the custom spins. I am specifically interested about Fedora
> Scientific [1].
>
> I updated the KS file sometime back, so its "beta" quality now. I intend
> to do a blog post/wiki page entry soon describing all the tools included.
>
> In the meanwhile, it would be great to know any particular update I
> should be looking forward to.

Hi Amit,

as the spins wrangler I have to apologize for not looking at your spin
earlier. First I was not aware of it because I don't get any updates
when somebody moves a spin to 'read for Wrangler' state, but I should
have responded directly after the mail you sent me recently.

I have now done an initial review of the spin and added my questions and
concerns to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Scientific_Spin#Initial_spin_review

You say the spin is now in Beta quality, but by now it should already be
ready. From Fedora's beta release on we need nightly composes for
testing, but ATM the spins page is not even complete.

As I did my part in delaying this spin, I am willing to give it a try
even though we are way too late. But we need to move on ASAP and this
means that the wiki page needs to be really ready in order for the spins
SIG to vote on the spin.

Regards,
Christoph