[Fedora-spins] dogtag spin?

Michael Jenkins bergtau at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:34:18 UTC 2012

I have an idea for creating a Fedora installation disc that contains all of
the packages I'd need to create an off-line public key infrastructure
certification authority. Off-line is really the key here, as I have to get
a snapshot of every package required all at the same time; there'd be no
opportunity to nab updates between base installation and directory/pki
package installation, and lots of opportunity for dependency hell. It seems
to me that the "spin" idea is exactly what I'm thinking about.

Has anyone ever made or talked about a Dogtag spin (I haven't seen one)? If
not, is there a "Fedora spins for dummies" for me to start learning? All of
the tutorial information appears to assume that you already know most of
what you're doing. I've worked with linux for quite a while but not done
anything with packages except install them.

Thanks for any info or pointers you can send my way.

Mike Jenkins