[Fedora-spins] Adding default user to a group

Jørn Lomax northlomax at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 14:58:50 UTC 2012

On 16/07/2012 16:45, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:02:04 +0200,
>    Jørn Lomax <northlomax at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to add the first created user to a group. I have been
>> able to add the liveuser to the audio and jackuser groups (which makes
>> sense for an audio spin), but I have not found a way of making the
>> user created after install (on firstboot) to said groups. Is this at
>> all possible, and if so, are there any hint you can give me?
>
> You can probably do this using usermod in the post section.

That works fine for the live user. Problem is that the firstboot script
seems to be run after %post, so there is no way of knowing what the
username for the user will be and therefore I can't set which groups it
should belong to..

Would it be possible to write a firstboot module and stick it in
/usr/share/firstboot/modules?

--
Jørn Lomax
GSoC Fedora Audio