[Fedora-spins] Fedora 17 LXDE Panel - Feedback please

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 11 00:38:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 23:58:43 +0200,
   Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

>According to the release notes it is still 768 MB [1]. I am a little
>surprised because I thought that it was just an anaconda bug in F16 that
>cause this high requirement and I expected that bug to be fixed. Seems
>that did not happen, but IIRC it should install on 640 MB, too.

I have done installs with only 512 MiB available for 17 prior to release and
they worked. I had to turn off memory size checking at the time. I don't
know that this was tested well enough to be sure it would always work,
but I did hear a few other people say there were able to install with
only 512 MiB.