[Fedora-spins] New spin on the horizon

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:02:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jørn Loamx <northlomax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm one of Fedoras Google Summer of Code students. I have been tasked in
> helping to develop an Audio spin of fedora. I just wanted to Let you know a
> little about the project so that you have a heads up and so you know what's
> on the horizon :D
>
> The audio spin is a spin that is geared for music production, and is aimed
> at the music community. We are aiming for high usability so that if someone
> who just makes a podcast once a week and doesn't necessarily know who to
> configure JACK can use it with ease, but at the same time it will include
> software that will allow bigger music productions.
> The spin itself does not have a wiki page, but I will be making one in the
> next couple of days with schedules, todos, roadmaps etc. but you can see a
> brief overview at the audio_creation_spin_**development page[1]
>
> I'm pushing to have the kickstart file ready by June 1st, I'm hoping this
> is a good date, as I based it on the schedule for Fedora 16 and I have no
> idea what the schedule for fedora 18 is
>
> If there are any questions, don't hesitate to take contact
>
> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/**Audio_creation_spin_**development<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_creation_spin_development>
> --
> Jørn Lomax
> GSoC Fedora Audio
> CS Student University of Tromsø

For the Music Scholars section you might consider the Tam Tam suite,
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Tam_Tam
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/TamTam

It includes Csound,
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Csound

One would have to include and switch to the Sugar Desktop,
http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/
in order to use the current versions of Tam Tam.

          --Fred