[Fedora-spins] Proposal: Spins process amendment for Fedora 20 cycle

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 01:25:58 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 12:11 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> In practice, I don't think we can get away with passing off testing of
> the 'release blocking' desktops to SIGs.

In reality I have a hard time believing that the board reaches the
conclusion that continuing to have an default and those two conditioning
to be the release blocking desktop is the way forward.

The KDE community already is testing their own spin against the criteria
as do the others except Gnome and I think 19 release cycle should be
sufficient for the Gnome sub-community to step in and start doing their
own testing while we in QA return back to our roots and focus on
covering the installer and the base/core OS and arguably X and cover to
the best of the ability the platform that all other sub-community are
building upon.

We already are going to be facing a lot of base/core os moving parts in
this release cycle within the insanely short release cycle that has been
decided for us and if we are not going to be "slipping" we need to start
choosing which part's we will be focusing on.

JBG