[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] Drop unused ks files from snippets/

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:32:59 UTC 2015

On 11/06/2015 09:37 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 08:29:23 +0000,
>  Kalev Lember <kalev at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> commit dff74da0db53b2def82666cb324297a902a457c4
>> Author: Kalev Lember <klember at redhat.com>
>> Date:   Fri Nov 6 09:08:00 2015 +0100
>>
>>    Drop unused ks files from snippets/
>
> Note that the intention was not to include snippets directly, so they
> shouldn't be dropped because they weren't referenced, but rather based
> on whether or not they were still useful as examples (and perhaps none
> were, I don't know).

Right, they all seemed horribly out of date and unlikely to be useful
any more. Nobody had touched them after the initial import 7 years ago.
We weren't shipping them in the spin-kickstarts package either which
made it even less likely that anyone would still be using them.

I think a better approach if we want to ship snippets/examples is to
only ship those that we are using for generating official images. This
makes it sure that they are at least kept up to date and relevant.

--
Thanks,
Kalev

(Sorry for the duplicate Bruno, had to resend it to from right address
to get past spins at lists.fedoraproject.org moderation.)