user page templates

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 03:14:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 03:45:25PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> Ian Weller said the following on 02/01/2009 09:54 PM Pacific Time:
> > Is there a better solution for telling people what they should put on
> > their user page and where they should put it? Quite frankly, I'm sick of
> > reverting edits on [[User:Your FAS-username]].
> >
> > See also https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Abhishekrvce&oldid=75547
> >

> Is there an example page or template hosted anywhere?
>
> Bonus points if there are embedded comments telling people exactly what
> to do.  Something like <shameless-plug>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EmptyTemplate

Yes, there is, and that's the problem.  Imagine if instead of copying
the Features/EmptyTemplate, every fifth incoming feature owner just
put their content right in to EmptyTemplate, thinking it was the page
they needed to write in to.  That is the problem that is happening on:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Your_FAS-username

... take a look at the history to see.  The traffic all seems to come
from here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join

It doesn't show in the 'What links here' page because it's a FQDN link
rather than an internal link.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41